GENEVA (Reuters) – The United Nations is releasing around $60 million from an emergency fund to help contain an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and deploying more staff, its aid chief said on Friday. “We need to get ahead of this Ebola outbreak,” said Tom Fletcher on X. “These are tough operating environments for lifesaving work. We face conflict and high population movement.” Experts believe the of the virus – for which there is no vaccine – circulated undetected for around two months in Congo’s Ituri province before being identified last week. The outbreak has so far resulted in 160 suspected deaths out of 670 suspected cases. The post UN sends emergency funds, staff to tackle Congo Ebola crisis appeared first on Egyptian Gazette.
ADVERTISEMENT

UN sends emergency funds, staff to tackle Congo Ebola crisis
Related Articles

Piyush Goyal Highlights Initiatives To Boost India’s Global Trade
(MENAFN - AsiaNet News) Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday highlighted a series of trade, logistics and manufacturing-related initiatives undertaken by the Ministry of ...
Menafn
May 22, 2026

Egypt Condemns Opening of So-Called Somaliland Embassy in Al-Quds
[Shabelle] Cairo -- Egypt strongly condemned the illegal and unacceptable move concerning opening the so-called "Somaliland" embassy in Al-Quds (occupied East Jerusalem) in a blatant violation of international law and relevant international legitimacy resolutions, representing a direct infringement on the legal and historical status of occupied Jerusalem.
Allafrica.com
May 22, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT