ADVERTISEMENT

Sweden Sentences Teen over Plot to Kill Iranian Researcher

ENGLISH AAWSAT
May 21, 2026

A teenager who turned up on the doorstep of an Iranian researcher in southern Sweden armed with a knife was sentenced Thursday to almost four years in a young offenders institution. The teenager was convicted along with two others of a plot to kill Arvin Khoshnood, a high-profile academic who maintains that the Iranian government was ultimately behind the attack. The youngster was recruited through messaging apps by the other defendants and promised a payment to kill Khoshnood. He showed up at Khoshnood’s house in the city of Malmo in September last year and spoke to the researcher’s wife. The researcher stayed inside and called the police. He has since been living in hiding at another address, his lawyer told AFP during the trial. “The court considers it established that A.N. armed himself with a knife and went to the victim’s home with the intention of killing him,” the Uddevalla court wrote in its ruling. The court found there was not enough evidence for a charge of attempted murder and reclassified the offence as preparatory acts to commit murder. The main defendant was handed three years and nine months in a juvenile detention center. Khoshnood regularly appears in Swedish media as an expert on Iran. On social media, he supports Reza Pahlavi, the son of the last Shah, who lives in exile in the United States and leads one of many opposition movements based abroad.

Share this article

Read Full Article at Source

Related Articles

French Open Boss: Prize Money Will Not Change Despite Players’ Complaints
The French Open prize money will not change this year despite players complaining they deserve a bigger share, tournament director Amelie Mauresmo said on Thursday. Top players have criticized the Open organizers for reducing the…
ENGLISH AAWSAT
May 21, 2026
Iranian pilgrimage head praises Saudi efforts to serve pilgrims during meeting with interior minister
JEDDAH — Saudi Minister of Interior and Chairman of the Supreme Hajj Committee Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif received Head of Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization Alireza Rashidian in Jeddah on Thursday. The minister welcomed pilgrims arriving from Iran, affirming the commitment of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman and Crown Prince…
SAUDI GAZETTE
May 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
All Portals 🇱🇧🇦🇪🇪🇬🇸🇦 كل البوابات
Latest News Politics Economy & Business Opinion International Sports Entertainment Society Local