ADVERTISEMENT

Five killed, multiple others injured in Israeli airstrike on southern Lebanon

The Peninsula Qatar
May 24, 2026

Beirut: Five Lebanese, among them children, were killed and multiple others were injured on Saturday after the Israeli occupation army's fighter jets conducted a new air offensive that targeted a residential building in Sir El Gharbiyeh in southern Lebanon, in a preliminary toll, the Lebanese National News Agency has reported.

The agency added that ambulance personnel from various relief associations, alongside civil defense, are working to lift the rubble and search for potential missing people.

Today, the casualty toll due to the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon rose to 3,123 fatalities and 9,506 injuries.

The Israeli occupation army continues to attack southern Lebanon despite the truce accord that came into effect on April 16, 2026.

It had been extended for the second time on May 15 for 45 days, amid warnings of the potential aggravation of the security and humanitarian situation in the region.

Share this article

Read Full Article at Source

Related Articles

Iran Says Tehran, Washington Working To Finalise Mou On Ending War
(MENAFN - IANS) Tehran, May 24 (IANS) Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Iran and the United States are working to finalise a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the ...
Menafn
May 24, 2026
Cristian Mungiu wins second Palme d’Or with Fjord, a gripping drama on family, faith, and social tension
Cristian Mungiu won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Festival two decades ago.
AN NAHAR
May 24, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
All Portals 🇱🇧🇦🇪🇪🇬🇸🇦 كل البوابات
Latest News Politics Economy & Business Opinion International Sports Entertainment Society Local