ADVERTISEMENT

Five dead, including two suspects, after shooting at San Diego mosque

Emirates 24-7
May 19, 2026

SAN DIEGO: Two teenage gunman opened fire on Monday at the Islamic Center of San Diego in California, killing three men outside the ⁠mosque, one of them a security guard, before the two suspects were found dead, apparently from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, police said.All of the children who were attending a day school ‌that is part of the mosque complex – the largest in San Diego county – were accounted for and safe after the shooting, which erupted shortly ‌before 12 noon PDT (1900 GMT), according to San ‌Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl.Wahl said the FBI was called ‌in to assist in ‌the investigation of the incident, which the police chief said authorities were treating as a hate ​crime.Scores of law ‌enforcement officers called ​to the Islamic Center encountered the ⁠bodies of three men shot dead outside the building, including a security guard who Wahl credited with likely having helped prevent further ​bloodshed.A short ⁠time later, police ⁠discovered the bodies of two teenage males, aged 17 and 19, in a vehicle in the middle of a street, dead from ⁠apparently self-inflicted gunshot wounds, the chief said at an afternoon news conference.He said investigators were still piecing together details of what precipitated the shooting and how the violence transpired.Shots were also fired at a landscaper a couple of blocks away in ‌what apparently was a separate shooting incident, though police did not say whether a ​connection had been ruled out. The landscaper was not injured, Wahl said.

Share this article

Read Full Article at Source

Related Articles

Bound for Mars, Elon Musk’s SpaceX unveils filing for blockbuster IPO
New York: SpaceX took the wraps off its IPO filing on Wednesday, opening ‌the books of the company ​that has already revolutionised rocket technology, with even larger ambitions to colonise Mars and build AI data centres in space.The listing is poised to become the first trillion-dollar U.S. market debut and could set the stage for…
Emirates 24-7
May 21, 2026
Young Indians Back Operation Sindoor, See Middle East As Key: Survey
(MENAFN - AsiaNet News) Young Indians have expressed strong support for Operation Sindoor, backed a tougher stance against Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, and identified the Middle East as a major ...
Menafn
May 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
All Portals 🇱🇧🇦🇪🇪🇬🇸🇦 كل البوابات
Latest News Politics Economy & Business Opinion International Sports Entertainment Society Local